Wish to feel the rhythm on the back seat even when the music is low? Wait no more and get the best subwoofer for car without thinking twice and supplement the audio system with the powerful bass.
A good subwoofer is exactly what you are looking for to enjoy more of your music as loud as you like. But which one should you go for is a perplexing question.
Subwoofers come in various variations and at all price levels and, therefore, it is entirely arduous to determine the best and go-to option among all.
Undeniably, the presence of a mind-boggling number of subwoofer types makes a simple choice into a baffling task.
But fortunately, we have done in-depth research for you and come up with the list of the best car speakers for bass that will upgrade your audio system without burning a hole in your wallet.
But before taking a deep dive into the list of available options, let’s get to know about this product a bit more.
You can check our power inverter reviews before buying one for your car. It helps your subwoofer to increase bass clarity.
- A Quick Guide to the Ultimate Subwoofers for Car
- Top Pick of Best Subwoofer for Car in 2022
- 10 Best Subwoofer for Car You Can Buy in 2022
- Key Elements to Consider While Buying the Best Subwoofer for Cars
- Our Thoughts
A Quick Guide to the Ultimate Subwoofers for Car
A subwoofer is a traditional two-channel or surrounds sound setup that cannot play any sound on its own.
A subwoofer is nothing but a speaker that is designed to produce the bass. It mainly delivers low frequencies, say 20 to 200 Hz.
These can add extra depth and feeling to the music and multiply your experience by manifolds.
If you genuinely feel the music note or wish to set the mood in the soundtrack, then immediately opt for the best subwoofer for car right away.
Create a rhythm that makes you tap your toe and nod your head whenever your favourite track comes on.
Top Pick of Best Subwoofer for Car in 2022
1. JBL BassPro (Top Pick)
- 8-inch JBL BassPro SL powered under-seat compact...
- Power output: Peak: 250 watts RMS: 125 watts
- Efficient Class D amplifier
- Soft start turn-on, speaker-level (high-level)...
- Optional wired bass remote controller
An under-seat compact subwoofer for all.
- Ultra-compact size
- Excellent system control
- Great performance at varying output levels
- Compatible with remote bass controller
- An expensive option as compared to fellow products
Explicitly designed to provide low distortion and excellent bass performance, JBL BassPro is a perfect go-to choice when it comes to selecting the best car speakers for bass, at least for me.
This 8-inches woofer comes in a highly compact footprint with an efficient Class D amplifier.
What makes it worth investing in is its feature of producing minimal heat and the most negligible current from the car’s electrical system.
It is integrated with the custom circuitry to offer optimum performance at different output levels without impacting the clarity.
JBL BassPro comes with an outstanding system control that provides the variable adjustment from 50Hz-120Hz.
This is what makes this subwoofer an ideal choice to integrate with the rest of your car audio system. This subwoofer features both line- and high-level inputs for added installation facility.
Owing to JBL BassPro, it can be easily connected with both factory-installed and aftermarket systems. Yet another thing due to which it tops the list of best subwoofer for cars is its compact size.
It effortlessly fits under the car’s front seat and stays cool even when driven hard.
If you are looking for the best car wax for your colourful car, check our reviewed guide before buying.
10 Best Subwoofer for Car You Can Buy in 2022
1. MTX Audio TNP212D2
- Complete Amplified Bass Package Bundles 2 X 12...
- Product Type : Car Audio Or Theater
- Variable Low- And High-Pass Filters Offer...
- Tne212D2 Enclosure Features Dual 12-Inch...
A power-packed subwoofer system.
- Appealing and catchy design
- Powerful amplifier to produce clear and deep bass
- Highly affordable
- Not sturdy
- Some of its low frequencies don’t respond well
A trusted and reliable brand name, MTX Audio TN212D2 is yet another best subwoofer for car to go for. With its high-end design and out-of-the-box performance, this product is a worthy addition to your collection.
This product comes with a tagline, ‘serious about sound’ and lives up to the hype. It is mainly designed to improve the overall listening experience in the car and is available at a budget-friendly price.
It is integrated with low- and high-pass filters to offer an output in a range of 40-400Hz for sound shaping. MTX Audio TNP212D2 is a perfect blend of performance and value.
It is covered with a rugged, black carpet, which goes well with the interiors of your car.
Look no further and invest in this power-packed subwoofer to enjoy your favourite tracks to the fullest.
2. Pioneer TS-WX1210A
- Pioneer TS-WX130DA Compact 8" x 5. 25" 160-Watt...
- 50W nominal; Aluminum cone; Urethane surround;...
- phase & bass modes controllable at remote; Freq...
- Deep Mode: 20Hz-200Hz; Freq resp
An active subwoofer with a built-in amplifier.
- It features a carpet finish.
- It comes with a Class-D amplifier.
- Delivers a variable bass boost that ranges from 40 to 100Hz.
- Features a scratch-resistant surface
- This subwoofer comes with a single 20a fuse that is unsuitable for a product that promises to deliver 350-watts RMS.
- It has no barrel connectors to aid with installation.
Designed to offer high output and low distortion, Pioneer TS-WX1210A is one of the best car speakers for bass. This high-sensitivity woofer is mainly introduced for use in small and sealed enclosures.
It delivers the maximum power of 1300 Watts and comes with the built-in 300-watts output Class-D amplifier.
It comes with high bandwidth and various user-adjustable controls like phase control, LPF, and multiple bass boost.
You can also adjust the input gain by using the wired remote bass control knob to enhance system flexibility and user control.
What makes it attractive and unique is its innovative trapezoid shape designed for high rigidity and for reducing the internal standing waves. One can easily install the same under the seat or in the cabin.
3. Taramp’s DS 800X4
- DS 800X4 1 Ohm: For STEREO connections, the...
- Positive / negative power supply cable: 7 AWG
- Protection fuse or circuit breaker: 60A
- Frequency Response (Full Range): 10Hz - 22KHz...
- HPF (High Pass Filter): 90Hz (-12dB/8ª) Fixed
A product with gigantic performance.
- Good quality product
- Excellent frequency response
- Compliment your vehicle
- Easy to install
- It makes a popping noise when music is turned up to absolutely frustrating half volume.
One of the best-selling subwoofers so far, Taramp’s DS 800X4 is integrated with cutting-edge technology to deliver gigantic performance.
This product has 4 channels of 200-watts RMS and thus offers the maximum power of 800-Watts RMS. It is compatible with any frequency and has an impedance of 2-ohm.
This subwoofer is synonymous with versatility, efficiency, and quality and developed with modern technology and performance for the automotive sound system.
Taramp’s DS 800X4 is equipped with a class-D amplifier and an input sensitivity of 250mV.
What makes it the best subwoofer for car is its creative design that unarguably enhances the outlook of your vehicle in no time.
It comes with an excellent protection system and can easily handle output overload. This product is precious for money and is worth purchasing.
4. Kicker 43CWRT672
- 6.75-INCH SUBWOOFER: One Kicker CompRT Round 6.75...
A subwoofer with Santoprene surround and polypropylene cone.
- It is weather-resistant
- Enables coil cooling perimeter venting
- Outstanding power handling
- It starts popping when the sub box is turned up over 25%.
- Not much durable as compared to its fellow competitors
The 6.75-inches subwoofer is ideal for those who are pretty serious about bass power and genuinely want to enhance the music experience.
It comes with the ability to handle the maximum capacity of 300-watts and is equipped with a dual voice coil with a 60.5Hz driver resonance frequency.
One of the best car speakers for bass, Kicker 43CWRT672 is integrated with a polypropylene cone and rubber surround, making it weatherproof for outdoor use.
This subwoofer is ideally designed for shallow mounts with a height of 2.75 inches and a height of 5.625 inches.
With a high-temperature coil wire, 2-ohm of impedance, and 150-watts of RMS, this subwoofer is sure to give your car the powerful sound and rich bass that you’re looking for.
5. Sound Storm Laboratories LOPRO8
- BUILT-IN AMPLIFIER: With a MOSFET power supply you...
- VARIABLE LOW-PASS FILTER: A low-pass filter is an...
- HIGH LEVEL INPUTS: Speaker level inputs are...
- LOW LEVEL INPUTS: Line level inputs, also known as...
- VARIABLE BASS BOOST: Variable Bass Boost allows...
An ideal subwoofer for vehicles with limited space.
- Delivers 600-watts max power
- It is a perfect go-to option when space is an issue.
- Ability to customize the sound with phase control and a subsonic filter.
- Not durable
Yet another best subwoofer for car to opt for, Sound Storm Laboratories LOPRO8, is equipped with a built-in amplifier to deliver the optimum performance with less power from the driver.
What makes it worth considering is its lower thermal impedance for higher switching frequencies. This product comes with a variable low pass filter that is mainly integrated to remove all the notes below the filter’s frequency setting.
Moreover, it can be easily connected with both factories or an aftermarket radio with no RCA inputs. If you are short on space, Sound Storm Laboratories LOPRO8 might be the best solution for you.
A combination of subwoofer and amplifier into one is an excellent choice for all spatially challenged vehicles. Moreover, it also allows you to adjust the bass within the boost range.
6. Devmo GELF
- This ultra-thin subwoofer is designed to be placed...
- Tuned by a senior sound engineer, it has strong...
- The two-in-one configuration of the power...
- We provide you with high-quality super-long cables...
- Our products have been tested strictly and have...
A product with reliable quality & 2-in-1 configuration.
- Features a frequency response between 20Hz to 150Hz
- Ease of installation and use
- The bass is weak and distorted as compared to its fellow products.
Are you looking forward to enjoying a wonderful journey experience? Well, in that case, opt for one of the best car speakers for bass and make your journey memorable.
This ultra-compact subwoofer is mainly designed to fit your space issues and can be easily placed at the bottom of the car seat. It comes with elastic low and strong frequencies that make every note vibrate in your ear.
On top of everything, this product features a 2-in-1 configuration of loudspeaker and amplifier that makes this device easy to install. It is available with high-quality super-long cables so that there is no need to buy other accessories.
Devmo GELF is available at a budget-friendly price which means you don’t have to pay the price worth a king’s ransom to get it installed in your car.
7. Planet Audio Channel
- 500 W MAX Power @ 2 Ohm x 2 Channels
- 250 W MAX Power @ 4 Ohm x 2 Channels
- 1000 W MAX Bridged Power @ 4 Ohm x 1 Channels
- Full-Range, Class A / B Topology, MOSFET Power...
- Low and High Level Inputs, Variable Filter,...
A full-range car subwoofer.
- Enables you to control over the input signal and strikes a perfect balance between power output and sound quality.
- Integrated with auto shut-off feature
- Features Class A/B amplifiers to enhance good quality
- It gets warm sooner than expected.
- The bass knob doesn’t work correctly.
With a MOSFET power supply and 1000-watts max power, Planet Audio Channel is the ultimate choice to turn up the beat.
It allows you to easily power up the pair of two speakers and 2 subwoofers @ 4-ohms and also enables you to customize the sound with variable bass boost and low and high pass crossover.
What makes Planet Audio Channel the best subwoofer for cars is the anarchy series of amplifiers that lets you control the sound and live like a mobile anarchist.
It is also equipped with remote subwoofer controls, which is an added plus. This product gives the perfect combination of 2 or 4 channel amplifiers to increase the bass and power output dramatically.
It has an automatic shut-off feature that protects the amplifier from shirt-circuiting.
8. Skar Audio EVL-65
- 6.5-inch Dual 2 Ohm Subwoofer
- Peak Power: 400 Watts | RMS Power: 200 Watts
- 2" Copper Voice Coil, Sensitivity (Spl): 83.1 dB
- Great Low End Frequency Response | Fs: 61 Hz
- Small & Compact Subwoofer, Hard Hitting Bass
The powerful dual 2-ohm car subwoofer.
- Excellent RMS power rating
- Compact size
- Integrated with an advanced airflow cooling system to dissipate heat.
- The coil sometimes makes a scratching noise.
The most responsive, efficient, and powerful subwoofer in the market, Skar Audio EVL-65 is designed to deliver the best and most reliable performance to audiophiles.
This 6.5-inches subwoofer gives the peak power of 400-Watts and RMS power of 200-watts to facilitate the users. This high-grade subwoofer integrates with your existing system well and multiples the bass by multiple times to enhance your music listening experience.
It has a 2″ copper voice coil and a sensitivity of 83.1dB. You are suggested not to get fooled by its size as this is one of the top subwoofers with a powerful 39Oz single slug ferrite motor.
Known as the best subwoofer for cars, Skar Audio EVL-65 is highly versatile. You can use it in various applications where adding a subwoofer might not otherwise be possible.
9. BOSS Audio Systems
- Power - 1100 Max x 1 @ 2 Ohms, 550 Max x 1 @ 4...
- Class A/B Topology - Class ‘A’ amplifiers have...
- Mosfet Power Supply - A MOSFET is an electrical...
- Low & High Level Inputs - A low level (RCA) input...
- Variable Low-Pass Crossover - Subwoofers reproduce...
A monoblock car amplifier.
- Customize the sound the way you want
- Integrated with switchable bass boost
- Automatic shutdown feature
- Not ideal for long-use
- Get overheated way faster than expected
BOSS Audio has been an industry leader for over 30 years and is famed for creating more than 500 products to date. One such audio device that is worth investing in is BOSS Audio Systems.
It delivers the maximum power output of 500-watts at 4-ohms and 1100-watts at 2-ohms into one channel. It can be easily coupled with a factory radio and an aftermarket product that doesn’t contain low-level inputs.
This mainly uses RCA interconnect cables to connect the R1100M with the source unit. It is listed among the best car speakers for bass because of its slim and compact design.
It has a low-pass filter to eliminate all the notes below the filter’s frequency setting. Just place it anywhere without thinking about the space and enjoy every beat of your favourite song.
10. Pyle 6.5 Inch
- AUTO SPEAKER SYSTEMS: Pyle GEARX series woofer is...
- LOW IMPEDANCE: The 4 ohm component audio speaker...
- MID BASS WOOFER: Pyle pro mid bass woofer sound...
- POWERFUL FEATURES: The specially treated rubber...
- WORRY-FREE SHOPPING: With the Pyle PLG64, we are...
A mid-bass woofer with detailed sound.
- Sturdy foundation
- Distortion-free sound
- Excellent performance
- Creates a buzzing sound in-between
Pyle is designed and engineered for consistent and excellent performance. It has a mid-bass woofer system with a 60 Hz to 20Khz frequency response and a 30oz magnet structure.
Pyle 6.5 inches features an eye-grabbing yellow PP cone with great thickness and an added weight. This product comes with a specially-treated rubber surround to keep your speaker secure and long-lasting.
A 1″ aluminium voice call offers the richest sound and assures low distortion. These speakers are equipped with solid capacitors so that you will never struggle for power.
Thanks to their yellow-coated steel basket, these best car speakers for bass look fantastic and fit every car interior effortlessly.
The best thing that makes it worth trying is its affordable cost. One can easily purchase them without costing a dime.
Key Elements to Consider While Buying the Best Subwoofer for Cars
The internet is flooded with innumerable subwoofer options, so filtering out the best among the rest is undoubtedly a back-breaking task.
If you also get stuck in such a messy situation, then don’t panic and keep these below-mentioned factors in mind to judge their ability wisely.
1. Size really matters
The foremost factor that has to be taken into account is its size. You are advised to go for a compact subwoofer, and it can be easily kept hassle-free wherever you want to.
Never buy a large subwoofer, as it does not just consume more space but also looks bizarre.
2. Frequency can’t be overlooked.
The next important thing you cannot overlook while purchasing the best car speakers for bass is their frequency. This is the primary thing that decides the system’s performance and cannot neglect at any cost.
The lower is the frequency; the higher is the bass. An ideal frequency range for a subwoofer is between 20Hz to 120Hz.
3. Ability to blend with the full-range speakers
A subwoofer is worth considering if it can connect with the full-range speakers and blends smoothly with the neighbourhood sound.
Always go for the subwoofer that can easily remove the frequency notes below predefined frequency settings.
4. Never forget about the price.
Cost is another major factor to keep in mind while buying the best car subwoofers. Look, the subwoofer is not a huge investment and, therefore, never go for an over-priced product that exceeds your budget.
However, you are advised not to take quality for granted and never sacrifice the same to save a few bucks.
Determine the features and specifications of the product and decide whether it is worth investing in or not.
5. Looks are important
Last but not least, the element that cannot be compromised when hunting for the best subwoofer for car is its looks and appearance.
A subwoofer must fit the overall interior of the vehicle and never looks odd-one-out. These are available in various shapes and sizes; therefore, you are suggested to look for the product that meets your requirements effectively.
If all factors are summarized into one, then a sole product that seems ideal is none other than JBL BassPro. This product is the ultimate choice for an audiophile with ultra-compact size and an elegant look.
This product is slightly expensive but believes me, and its unique features make it worth every penny, at least for me!! What makes it worth giving a try is its frequency range, which falls between 50Hz to 120Hz.
Owing to its frequency range, it can easily blend with the rest of the car audio system and gives excellent performance.
Look no further and get this best subwoofer for car right away to tweak the bass and feel the good music vibes.
No matter what type of music you like, a quality subwoofer can improve the overall listening experience. Shift your audio experience to the gear with any of the above car subwoofers.
Rock your tunes without spending a fortune. As far as my opinion is concerned, JBL BassPro might work best for you.
Thanks to its compact size, outstanding system control, and quality performance at variable bass levels, this is an ideal choice for first-time car audio buyers.
Find the best subwoofer for car that fits your taste, budget, and vehicle, and amp up your music experience.
Last update on 2022-10-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API