Are you looking for a way out to secure all your tools and accessories under one umbrella? If yes, browse the best tool bags and pick an option that works best for you.
It is an excellent way to ensure that everything is just a hand away during your project, and you don’t need to go back and forth to retrieve something you forget.
Are you looking forward to buying the appropriate tool kit that caters to your needs but is confused with many available options? As we’ve outlined the 11 best bags to simplify your decision, don’t panic.
Select any of these options and keep your equipment safe and secure for many years to come.
Before jumping into the list, let’s go through the detailed buying guide and get a clear insight to make a better choice.
Is your work wood-related? And if you want to know about the best bench sander, then buy the best bench sander after reading our reviews.
- A Quick Guide To The Types of Tool Bags
- Top Pick of the Best Tool Bag in 2023
- 10 Best Tool Bags Ideal for Any Budget and Every Requirement
- Essential Things To Consider While Buying The Tool Bag
- Our Thoughts
A Quick Guide To The Types of Tool Bags
When you buy the tool carrier, you will surely be amazed by the many varieties available. Some of them are listed here for the readers’ sake of convenience. Let’s have a look.
1. Handheld Tool Bags
One of the popular and best tool bags to go for, Handheld Bag is something tried and tested. Thanks to the excellent stretch, this comes with a tremendous carrying capacity with innumerable pockets to fit everything you have.
Similar to the traditional toolbox, the carrying handle of this bag is located on the top. This tool carrying bag is often known as the Soft Storage option; this tool carrying bag is usually made out of heavy-duty fabric like leather or polyester.
2. Wheeler Tool Bags
The second most exciting option to go for is the Wheeled Bags. Made with soft materials, this kind of bag is not as common as others on the list, but still, it proves highly beneficial for those who generally carry heavy-weight tools.
The best thing about this bag is that it never places any weight on the holder’s body as the wheels make them mobile.
3. Backpack Tool Bags
Ideally designed for carrying heavy tools, the Backpack option comes with sturdy and reinforced bottom for added safety and durability.
If you are an on-the-go worker, this might suit your needs well. It is easier to carry and simple to maintain compared to all other options.
Moreover, it can take more pressure and is preferred among heavy-duty workers worldwide.
Top Pick of the Best Tool Bag in 2023
1. Klein Tools 55421BP-14
- Tool Backpack with 39 pockets for tons of tool...
- Hard, molded front pocket protects safety glasses
- Front zipper pocket for small parts and tools
- Taller bag and interior pockets allow for long...
- Fully molded bottom protects from the elements
Committed to quality.
- It comes with shoulder straps with extra padding.
- Sturdy Construction
- Superior-quality product
- Ample space for storage
- Stands up appropriately when not in use.
- It isn’t waterproof.
Counted amongst the best tool bags, Klein Tools 55421BP-14 comes with premium quality and excellent performance. It is made up of professional-grade material, thereby ensuring extended durability.
This bag features 39 pockets in total and thus allows the users to stash their tools properly without worrying about the space.
If you are looking for a lightweight tool-carrying bag to keep your accessories near at hand, then there is no need to break your bank as Klein Tools 55421BP-14 might serve your needs in the right way.
It has moulded front pocket for safety glasses and a zipper pocket to store loose parts. The best thing about this bag is its length which is ideal for keeping long screwdrivers.
It features an orange-coloured interior so that you can quickly locate the tools without wasting much time.
Sounds cool, right? Wait no more and add this excellent product to your collection to keep all your tools safe and secure.
10 Best Tool Bags Ideal for Any Budget and Every Requirement
1. DEWALT DGL573
- LIGHTED TOOL BACKPACK: LED light can be easily...
- COMFORTABLE TO CARRY: This tool bag features...
- DURABLE TOOL BAG: Base pad feet are included on...
- 41 POCKETS: 28 Multi-use pockets inside and 13...
- STORE ALL OF YOUR TOOLS AND ACCESSORIES: This...
Value for money.
- It boasts 3 levels of light output
- Multiple pockets to keep tools insight
- A bit heavier than expected
This bag features 41 pockets in total, out of which 28 are for multi-use, and 13 are located outside. With ergonomic handles, padded shoulder straps, and large pads on the back, this is comfortable to carry around.
What exactly makes it stand apart is the presence of LED lights that helps in finding tools and parts inside the bag hassle-free.
Thanks to its excellent capacity and abundance of compartments, you can easily store all your tools and accessories in the same.
It comes with base pad feet; it won’t stretch out or break easily. It has zippered side panels to give you extra storage space.
2. CLC Custom LeatherCraft 1539
- STAY ORGANIZED: This tool bag from CLC features 50...
- SUPPORTS LARGE HAND TOOLS: This tool bag has a...
- SPILL PROOF TOOL BAG: Zippered side panels on this...
- QUICK ACCESS TO TOOLS: Veritcal pockets keep tools...
Ideal for large-hand tools.
- Sturdy, reliable construction
- Comfortable and secure grip
- Adjustable shoulder strap
- Multi-compartment for extra storage capacity
- It is not water-resistant
- Somewhat expensive
Want to stay organized and looking forward to investing in the best tool bags? Go for the CLC Custom LeatherCraft 1539 without thinking twice and carry all your heavy-duty accessories with much ease and comfort.
Its spacious inner compartment is ideal for storing bulky power and hand tools. It is made up of high-quality polyester that withstands harsh conditions and stays in good conditions for many years to come. It comes with a padded strap to prevent shoulder and back pain.
You will be glad to know that it comprises 50 pockets to store handheld screws and other small tools for quicker access.
3. DEWALT DG5582
- 23 POCKET TOOL BAG: This tool carrier allows for a...
- COMFORTABLE TO CARRY: This tool bag is adjustable,...
- OPEN-TOP DESIGN TOOL BAG: This tool bag features...
- 6" x 11" PARTS TRAY: This tool bag includes a...
- STAYS UPRIGHT: Box-shaped design keeps tool bag...
An open-top design best tool bag.
- Plenty of room for medium-sized tools
- Excellent grip
- Easy to carry around
- Not suitable for storing large and heavy-duty tools
- Not that durable
Are you searching for a tool carrier that stays upright? In that case, DEWALT DG5582 is what you are precisely looking for.
This 11-inch electrical and maintenance bag comes with an open-top design to make the tools visible. Moreover, it features a non-slip handle and adjustable shoulder strap for added convenience.
The tool carrier has 23 pockets in total where one can easily store their accessories without any hassle. It has a box-shaped design that prevents spilling.
What makes it listed amongst the worth-considering best tool bags is its parts tray hidden somewhere within the compartment.
4. Carhartt Legacy Tool Bag
- Complete your list of repairs with this Carhartt®...
- Sturdy synthetic fabrication with Rain Defender®...
- Triple needle-stitch construction.
- Adjustable and removable strap.
- Rugged haul handles. Large, zippered main...
Handy-dandy tool kit.
- It comes with internal metal frames for a sturdy look.
- Features rugged-haul handles
- Keeps the tools dry, clean, and accessible.
- It doesn’t go well with the larger stuff.
We are counted among the best-ever small tool bags; this premium option ticks all the checkboxes for space, pockets, or durability.
It features one zippered main compartment, 10 interior pockets, and 17 located on the bag’s outside for enhanced storage capacity.
This tool kit comes with a metal abrasion and a load-bearing base to smoothly manage the wear and tear condition. It is made up of sturdy synthetic fabric with rain-defender water repellent.
It has a triple-needle stitch construction and thus ensures outstanding durability. This tool carrier is light in weight and is an excellent choice for all.
5. ToughBuilt – 30″
- Wide opening for improved accessibility
- Flexible external structured pockets
- Top-quality hardwearing reinforced material
Ideal for plumbers.
- Compact size
- Heavy-duty construction
- Plastic-lined external pockets
- Superior accessibility
- Way too heavy
The next one on the list of the best tool bags is the ToughBuilt – 30″. It is a heavy-duty tool bag suitable for storing all kinds of accessories, be it small, average, or large.
With 65 pockets and loops, this tool kit is an ideological choice for everyone. It opens wide and gives quick access to the tools, making it a great work companion on the job site.
The unique octagonal design of the best tool bag ensures to keep the tools and equipment are safe for several years to come.
It can easily withstand more challenging conditions and stays with you for long.
6. HAUTMEC Professional
- This large tool tote bag has 7 external pockets,...
- This tote bag has an internal metal frame that...
- Heavy-duty top handle & Adjustable padded shoulder...
- Reinforced bottom panel with plastic feet,...
- Heavy-duty top double-pull zippers resist jamming
A tool kit with a collapsable design.
- Foam-padded handle grip
- Adjustable shoulder strap
- It comes with a strong tubular handlebar.
- Pockets are significantly less in number
The HAUTMAC Professional renders a unique and effective solution to all professional workers who want easy access to their tools and accessories while working.
It features heavy-duty poly-fabric construction with base pads to prevent the bottom from debris and water, making it strong and long-lasting.
This tool kit comes with an intelligent igneous removable organizer plate and, therefore, allows the users to organize the inside space as desired.
Thanks to its foldable and collapsable design, you can take this anywhere without hassle.
So, what are you looking for now? Add this bag to your armoire and get the job done with ease.
7. Makita 831303-9 20″
- Dimensions are approximately 21-inch long x 9-inch...
- Reinforced zipper along opening for extra...
- Has sturdy hand and shoulder straps for easy...
- Three exterior pockets for storage of smaller...
A budget-friendly choice.
- Convenient to carry
- Can withstand the harsh environment
- It isn’t spacious enough.
- Should strap is weak.
A convenient storage option for all, Makita 831303-9 20″ comes with a superior-quality zipper for easy operation.
It boasts 3 pockets on the exterior portion of the bag to store smaller items. Moreover, it is equipped with reinforced handles for added durability.
Counted amongst the best tool bags to use in 2023, this is premium-grade industrial material and, therefore, is ideal for harsh job sites and challenging conditions.
This tool kit also features a shoulder strap to add a dash of comfort. On top of all this, Makita 831303 20″ is an affordable option and is ideally designed for budget-savvy buyers.
8. WORKPRO Tool Bag
- Adjustable strap allows for easy access to...
- Ideal for carrying hand tools and other small to...
- Top zipped wide open mouth for easy approaching...
- Rubber foam bottom keeps bag sturdy, protects...
- Outer mesh pocket stores personal belongings,...
A suitable bag for your tools.
- Excellent interior storage capacity
- Finest quality construction
- It doesn’t feature the shoulder strap.
- No rubber feet at the bottom
This is available in the combo set, including 13″ and 18″ bags. It is constructed using reinforced 600D polyester material.
This tool kit is ideal for everyone, be it homeowners, professionals, or DIYers, and lets them store their small and large equipment.
It comes with a sturdy bottom to stand upright all the time and thus prevent the tools from hard falls.
Moreover, this bag has a broad handle strap to enhance comfort while taking heavy accessories.
The tool kit features 3 mesh and 3 regular exterior pockets for added storage. If you do a DIY project and have a hard time finding studs, you can read our review of the best stud finder for your work to add to your tool collection which suits your needs.
9. McGuire-Nicholas 22015
- The Mcguire-Nicholas tool tote has 14 exterior...
- The tote bag features tapered pockets for more...
- The tubular steel, sturdy foam padded handle makes...
- The 14 interior webbed loops also help accommodate...
- The Mcguire-Nicholas tool tote bag with handle...
The ultimate open tool tote.
- Outstanding design
- Suitable for multiple purposes
- Can carry a variety of tools
- No shoulder strap is included.
- As it is collapsible, therefore, it is not capable of retaining a sturdy shape.
Are you looking for something out-of-the-box? Go for the McGuire-Nicholas 22015 and keep your equipment safe and secure.
This open tool tote looks unique and makes everything visible. This brand needs no special introduction as they have been experts in manufacturing high-quality bags for years.
This 15-inches collapsible tool bag is ideal for multi-functional purposes and caters to all your storage needs.
Referred as one of the best tool bags, it comes with 14 exterior pockets and 14 interior looms to accommodate accessories.
In addition to this, it boasts tubular steel and a sturdy foam handle for an added grip and convenience while handing the bag.
10. Rothco Canvas Tanker Style Tool Bag
- Constructed From 100% Cotton Canvas With...
- Mechanics Tool Bag With Stamp On The Front Of The...
- Large Main Compartment With Organizer Pockets On...
- Front And Rear Zippered Pockets Offers More...
- Measures 11" X 7" X 6" Overall, Giving You Enough...
Classic military style tool kit.
- Quality tested
- Value for money
- Can withstand the intensive environment
- The bottom is not that hard
- It comes with a flimsy plastic zipper which is not durable at all.
One of the best canvas tool bags to go for this year, Rothco Canvas Tanker Style Tool Bag is ideally introduced for storing heavy-duty tools and equipment. It is made up of the rugged heavy-weight cotton canvas material for added durability.
The dimension of this bag is about 19″ X 9″ X 6″, which is pretty good for storing various equipment without worrying about wear and tear.
It boasts a large zipped main compartment with a storm flap, making tools and accessories visible from the outside.
So, what keeps you waiting for now? Get this tool carrier right away and stash your accessories with ease.
Essential Things To Consider While Buying The Tool Bag
There is no denying the fact that the best tool bag is a constant companion for the workers and, therefore, it is crucial to make the rightmost choice that is worthy of consideration.
Here we’ve put together a list of 5 significant factors to consider while selecting the all-in-one tool carrying bag to make the appropriate choice.
1. Total Number of Pockets
The sole objective of purchasing the tool bags is to carry all the accessories in one place without hopelessly disorganizing them.
Therefore, it is mandatory to go with the option with an extensive number of pockets for an added capacity.
Generally, a higher number of pockets is usually considered a better choice since it allows you to carry multiple tools at once.
2. Construction Matters
Yet another important thing to consider while purchasing the tool carry box is the type of construction it boasts. Having lots of tools inside the bag makes it face lots of wear and tear.
Therefore, the construction of this bag matters the most. It should be rigid and strong.
Some of them are made up of polyester or nylon, while others use leather or ballistic fabric, depending on the model you purchase.
You cannot afford to overlook comfort while selecting the tool bag. Look, this is majorly used to keep all tools and accessories in one place so that you can take all of them to the different worksites.
Therefore, one must consider an option that is comfortable to carry around without causing pain to your back, shoulder, and hands.
Go for the toolbox with padded straps and a padded back cover to ensure a comfortable and ergonomic grip.
4. Size should be considered.
Go for a compact backpack-style tool bag and take it anywhere you want. Be it small tool bags or large ones, size always matters when it comes to buying such a carrying item.
Going for a mid-sized option is recommended to pack your items flawlessly.
The last but not most minor thing to consider is the price of the tool bag. There is no need to select an option that will cost you a dime. Choose the bag that serves the purpose and fits your pocket.
How will you find the best tool bag with all the features mentioned above? Well, worry not, as we’ve done the research for you and have come up with the top choice – Klein Tool 55421BP-14.
Equipped with 39 pockets, this tool carrier renders excellent storage capacity to the users. Its sturdy construction and compact size make it ideal for everyone, whether a professional or a normal DIYer.
Trust me; it will not going to shake your financial budget. Just go for this product without having a second thought in mind, and keep your tool collection handy when you are on the go.
This is the final list of the best tool bags one can opt for in 2023. All of them are outstanding and allow to keep tool collection safe and sound.
You can select these tool kits and carry your equipment with much ease and comfort. However, if sturdiness, versatility, and quality are what you are looking for, then go for Klein Tools 55421BP-14 and store your tools flawlessly.
This is suitable for casual DIYers up to professional workers. Moreover, it comes at a reasonable price and will surely not hit your pocket hard.
Last update on 2023-05-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API