Get stuck into the project that calls for driving lots of nails? Buy the best electric nail guns and do the job with less stress on your arms, hands, and shoulders.
Whether re-roofing your home, erecting a fence, or building a deck, a nail gun is a go-to device to save time and energy.
However, the endless options available in the market turn this simple choice into a baffling task.
But don’t you worry about it as our buying guide packs with all the essential information to make your choice easier.
Scroll down the page to the end and get a list of the 11 most sought-after options.
- A Quick Guide to the Types of Electric Nail Guns
- 11 Best Electric Nail Guns to Buy in 2023 (Buyer Guide)
- 1. CRAFTSMAN V20 Cordless Brad Nailer Kit (Top Pick)
- 2. DEWALT 20V MAX Cordless Brad Nailer
- 3. BOSTITCH Nail Gun
- 4. NEU MASTER NTC0023 Cordless Brad Nailer
- 5. Valu-Air T64C
- 6. Ryobi P320 Airstrike
- 7. Metabo HPT Brad Nailer Kit
- 8. NuMax SFR2190
- 9. Craftsman 18GA Finish Nailer
- 10. Arrow Professional Electric Nailer
- 11. NEU MASTER Staple Gun
- Key Factors To Consider Before Buying Electric Nail Gun
- Our Thoughts
A Quick Guide to the Types of Electric Nail Guns
Nail fasteners are broadly categorized into several types, depending on the size of the nail they shoot.
Before making the final choice, let’s dig into these types to know what works best for you.
1. Brad Nailers
Referred to as the most miniature electric nail gun, Brad Nailers are generally used for pounding the nails into cabinets, window casings, and light furniture.
They can quickly shoot nails up to 2-inch in length. It is highly versatile and can handle heavy applications and routine finishing work.
2. Framing Nailers
These are the big boys of the group and are ideally used for framing woods in large construction projects.
This is a heavy-duty product and is used for challenging fastening jobs. It can quickly shoot the 16 penny nails, typically 3-½ inches in length.
3. Pin Nailers
Are you looking forward to completing the DIY project? A Pin Nailer can help you out!! This is perfect for working on tiny trims, small crates, and birdhouses with panels.
These can easily fasten 23-gauge pin nails, with or without the head.
4. Flooring Nailers
Perhaps the least versatile nail gun of the group, Flooring Nailers, is solely used for laying floorboards.
What makes these nailers stand apart from the crowd is the unique shape that differentiates them from the usual nail fasteners.
However, this tool is much quicker and energy-saving as you don’t have to exert much force.
5. Roofing Nailer
Do you have an urge to re-roofing your home? Add the Roofing Nailers to your collection and drive nails into roofs at the most lightning speed.
Keep in mind the fact that it can be used only by professionals. Roofing nailers are divided into the solenoid, Spring-Loaded, and Pneumatic.
6. Palm Nailer
The Palm Nailer is the next best option on the best electric nail guns list. As the name suggests, it can be held in palms when used and is significantly lighter than other nail fasteners.
This tool is perfect for shooting nails up to 6 inches, depending on the model. If you are looking for precise positioning and mess-free corners, then this device can help.
After purchasing this electric nail gun, if you need a bag to store tools or take out for work, read our Best Tool Bag review to buy the best tool bag.
11 Best Electric Nail Guns to Buy in 2023 (Buyer Guide)
1. CRAFTSMAN V20 Cordless Brad Nailer Kit (Top Pick)
- Drives adhesive collated 18 GA finish nails with...
- ELIMINATES THE NEED: Fully cordless design...
- CLIMATE CONDITIONS: Provides consistent firing...
- CONSISTENT RESULTS: Tool-free depth settings for...
- IMPROVED EFFICIENCY: Tool-free jam and stall...
A product that gives balance and comfort in hand.
- Easy to use
- Features depth-setting to adjust the nail depth quickly
- Value for money
- It can be operated with only a CRAFTSMAN battery.
Tops the list of best electric nail guns, CRAFTSMAN V20 Cordless Brad Nailer Kit is a go-to choice if you want a blend of balance and comfort. It is designed to drive adhesive collated 18GA finish nails without fuss.
Craftsman, the brand that needs no special introduction, is well-praised for manufacturing premium-quality power tools. Its fully cordless design eliminates the need for compressors or expensive gas cartridges.
This device features a tool-free depth setting option for easy and quick set-up. It also boasts tool-free jam and stall settings for improved efficiency.
This nailer is lightweight, comes with an optimal center of gravity, and provides excellent comfort in hand while in use.
The contoured over-molded handle makes it worth trying, which makes it easy grip to handle. Moreover, it has a belt hook for easy access and storage.
2. DEWALT 20V MAX Cordless Brad Nailer
- 100% battery power of the cordless brand nailer...
- Brushless motor of 18 gauge brad nailer maximizes...
- Micro nose of the battery brad nailer improves...
- Tool-free depth adjustment for precise...
- Tool-free jam release to quickly and easily clear...
A compact device for all work.
- Outstanding runtime and durability
- 100% battery powered
- Safe to use
- Excellent battery life
- A bit heavy to handle
- Small nail fastening capacity
Are you looking forward to eliminating the need for hoses and compressors? Get DEWALT 20V MAX Cordless Brad Nailer right away and finish your job in less time.
It has a brushless motor of 18 gauge, which maximizes its runtime and durability. This nailer has multi-functional LED lights to support tool diagnostic and workspace illumination.
The micro nose of the battery improves the line of sight and accuracy of the nail placement.
Referred to the best nail gun, it can quickly drive nails from ⅝ inch to 2-⅛ inches, making it ideal for fastening shoe molding, casing, kitchen crown, and decorative molding.
With the features of a pneumatic tool and cordless freedom, you can use it for professional or DIY purposes.
3. BOSTITCH Nail Gun
- Smart Point Technology: The electric brad nailer...
- 18 gauge brad nailer drives 18 GA brad nails from...
- Oil-free operation reduces the risk of oil stains
- Tool-free jam release mechanism for easy nail...
- Dial-A-Depth control for precise countersinking of...
A product with bright point technology.
- Ergonomic and comfortable
- Convenient to use
- Efficient and durable
- The depth control option doesn’t work properly
- Difficult to align an angled shot
Yet another electric nail gun option you cannot afford to overlook is the BOSTITCH Nail Gun.
Integrated with the Smart Point Technology, this nailer allows easy nail placement owing to the smaller nose, and there is no need to compress the contact trip to actuate the tool.
This 18 gauge nailer can easily fasten 18 GA brad nails from ⅝ inch to 2-⅛ inches in length. It features an oil-free operation that reduces the risk of oil strains.
Moreover, this power tool comes with a selectable trigger system for sequential or contact processes.
The tool-free jam of this brad nailer provides a mechanism for easy nail removal.
Its improved control and flexibility allow you to work on home improvement projects efficiently.
4. NEU MASTER NTC0023 Cordless Brad Nailer
- 🔰【Spiral-Drive Technology And Cordless...
- 🔰【Up To 1100 Shots Per Full Charge】Powered...
- 🔰【2-in-1 Versatile Battery Brad gun/Staple...
- 🔰【Flawless Finish And User...
- 🔰【LED Light And Belt Hook】With LED lights...
A nailer with spiral-drive technology and cordless design.
- User-friendly design
- Easy to use
- Comes with complimentary 800pcs of nails and 200pcs staple
- Excellent performance
- Too short to be used for crown molding
- The battery doesn’t work properly
Among the best electric nail guns, NEU MASTER NTC0023 Cordless Brad Nailer is dotted with spiral-drive technology to deliver full-power shots without the hassle of using a cord, compressor, or gas.
Powered by a rechargeable Lithium-ion battery, this nailer can easily make up to 1100 shots when fully charged. It features a 2-in-1 versatile battery that can easily drive ¼ inches crown staple from ⅝ inches to 1”.
This makes it ideal for fastening lightweight decoration trim, home repair, or heavy-duty construction projects.
Its non-marring rubber nose provides a flawless finish and ergonomic handle to combat grip fatigue during strenuous tasks.
It has an LED light as well to illuminate the work area. With the belt hook, you can easily carry this nailer anywhere.
5. Valu-Air T64C
- Drives 16-gauge straight finish nails from 7/8" to...
- Best for decorative trim, molding, base boards,...
- Heat treated aluminum hosing designed for heavy...
- 360 degree adjustable exhaust deflector
- Includes oil, two adjustment wrenches, a custom...
A finish nailer with a carrying case.
- Light in weight
- Comes with aluminum housing to withstand a tough working environment
- Provides a comfortable and stable grip to work effortlessly
- Not sturdy
Designed for interior and exterior finish projects like window casing, baseboards, crown molding, cabinet work, and more, Valu-Air T64C can easily drive 16 gauge finish nails from ⅞ inches to 2 ½ inches.
It features heat-treated aluminum hosting that makes this product ideal for heavy-duty usage.
In addition, Value-Air T64C includes a 360-degree adjustable exhaust deflector to channel the air output in any direction by rotating the exhaust port.
This has a tool-free nose latch as well that supports quick jam clearing. Moreover, it also boasts the No-Mar tip to safeguard the workspaces.
Using this nailer is a 4-step procedure. All you have to do is lubricate the device, open the magazine, load the nails, and finish the finish easily.
6. Ryobi P320 Airstrike
- Drives up to 1700 nails per charge
- No compressors, hoses or pricey gas cartridges...
- Convenient adjustment dial regulates air pressure...
- Low-nail indicator to quickly and easily see when...
- Includes: 18-V ONE AirStrike 18-Gauge Cordless...
A cordless brad nailer for superior performance.
- Comes with a convenient adjustment dial
- Delivers superior performance
- Features low-nail indicator
- Flashlight creates a malfunction
- Creates a noise while working
- Battery is not included
From reinforcing joints to installing roofing tiles, the Ryobi P320 Airstrike is perfect for any nailing job you may need to perform around the house.
This nailer can quickly fire up to 700 nails up to 50mm long on a single charge. Sounds worth giving a try, right?
It allows you to adjust the tool depth easily with the onboard dial; thus, you don’t have to worry about fiddling with additional tools.
It boasts built-in LED lighting to illuminate the working space. You can easily keep it handy with the integrated belt chip.
What exactly makes it the best nail gun on the market is its low-nail indicator that quickly indicates that the nailer will be empty soon. It is built for work, so get to it.
7. Metabo HPT Brad Nailer Kit
- BRAD NAILER: Accepts 5/8" up to 2" 18-gauge brad...
- FASTENERS: Accepts 5/8 In. to 2 In. 18-gauge...
- TRIGGER: Selective actuation switch lets the user...
- LIGHTWEIGHT: Only 2.2 lbs, for easy all day use
- DEPTH ADJUSTMENT: Depth of drive dial allows the...
Perfect for a professional finish.
- It comes with a nail reloader
- Selective actuation is allowed.
- Promotes quick nail extraction
- Not durable
- Nail depth adjustment doesn’t work properly
Listed amongst the best electric nail guns, Metabo HPT Brad Nailer Kit easily fastens ⅝” to 2-½ inches 18-gauge brad nails.
It comes with selective actuation that allows the users to select the bump fire with just a simple flip of the switch. Its tool-less, easy-to-clear nose is excellent for quick and simple nail extraction.
The visual nail reloader is located on the magazine and creates an alert for a user when nail quantity is low to avoid the blank drives.
In addition, it also has a 360-degree adjustable exhaust port that keeps the dust, oil, and debris off the finished project. Amazing, right?
The best thing about this nailer is that it is incredibly light in weight and is ideal for all-day usage.
8. NuMax SFR2190
- Construction Applications: Designed for framing,...
- Compatible Nails: 21 degree plastic collated full...
- Built to Last: One piece hardened steel drive...
- Anti-Dry-Fire Mechanism: Prevents empty fires and...
- Dual Mode Trigger: Fast and easy to switch between...
Versatile and powerful.
- Features Anti-Fry Fire to prevent internal damage
- Provides anti-vibration comfort
- Lightweight and sturdy
- Not worth the money
- It sometimes bents the nails.
Features a durable magnesium body and ergonomic handle; NuMax SFR2190 is yet another electric nail gun to add to your armoire. It boasts an interchangeable trigger for quick-fire or single-shot functions.
Ideal for both home DIY projects and professional construction, this nailer has depth adjustment and a no-mar tip feature, making it adaptable for different workspaces.
This tool is committed to providing excellent value and serves all purposes such as installing sub-floors, wood fencing, sheathing, roof-decking, and everything in between.
It is built with the most durable materials, keeping strict quality measures in mind.
A good handle makes all the difference – keeping this in mind, NuMax SFR2190 boasts an outstanding handle for perfect grip while using. Fetch a new project and buy this tool to get it done.
9. Craftsman 18GA Finish Nailer
- MAINTENANCE FREE: The pneumatic nailer has...
- EASY JAM CLEARING: Tool-free jam release mechanism...
- PROPER NAIL ADJUSTMENT: Tool-free depth-of-drive...
The right tool for the job.
- Boasts an excellent operating pressure
- Outstanding performance
- Equipped with No-Mar pad
- No trigger lock-off is available
- Doesn’t suitable for a long-term purpose
Equipped with an oil-free motor for maintenance-free operation, Craftsman 18Ga Finish Nailer is one of the most appropriate tools for professional construction.
It comes with a tool-free depth-of-drive adjustment for the correct settings of the nail head.
The tools come with the jam release mechanism for the convenient jam clear and are thus great for finishing projects.
One can use the same for small trim, baseboards, shoe molding, or any other professional project and get the work done easily and comfortably.
This tool can easily fasten ⅝ inches to 2” 18 gauge finish nails and boasts the sequential actuation mode for smooth functioning.
It features an over-mold handle for an easy and convenient grip. Load the nailer and fasten the nails without any hassle.
10. Arrow Professional Electric Nailer
- READY FOR ACTION: This electric brad nailer is a...
- GET THE POWER YOU NEED: Adjustable depth-control...
- COMFORT AND SAFETY: The soft comfort grip...
- BUILT TO LAST: Includes carrying case for safe...
- USE THE RIGHT NAILS: The ET200BN works best with...
A product with consistent pro-grade performance.
- Great for putting insulation on the ceilings
- Easy and convenient to use
- While it comes with an ergonomic design, but still, the tool is on the heavy side
Regardless of the job site, Arrow Professional Electric Nailer proffers an outstanding performance.
It is a great tool that accomplishes every task effortlessly, whether window casing, crown molding, baseboards, or anything in between.
This tool is integrated with the Spiral Drive Technology for consistent and powerful functioning. One can easily access the magazine release for quick reloading.
Moreover, it also features the low staple indicator light that starts blinking when it’s time to reload.
What makes it counted amongst the best electric nail guns is its ability to fasten all sizes of T50 staples and ⅝ inches brad nails.
Its traditional solenoid design fees the tool from dependence on the narrow range of power specifications. Get this tool right away and enjoy Pro Power at every shot.
11. NEU MASTER Staple Gun
- DIY -- The electric brad nail gun ideal for DIY...
- SAFETY -- Contact safety switch prevents...
- POWER ADJUSTABLE -- The electric staple gun has...
- 2 in 1 STAPLE AND NAIL GUN -- Work with Staple T50...
- EASY TO USE -- Easy magazine release for quick...
A tool with a power-adjustable knob.
- Ideal for DIY projects
- Simple and safe to use
- Comes with a power-adjustable knob for consistent usage
- Doesn’t go well with heavy-duty projects
- Takes time to adjust the depth while usage
It’s time to wrap up the list of best electric nail guns with yet another powerful option, i.e., NEU MASTER Staple Gun N6013.
This nailer has an adjustable power knob and works best for hard and soft materials. This nailer is ideal for DIY projects, including home improvement projects, wooden handwork, or upholstery.
It is a 2-in-1 device, i.e., both staple and a nail gun, and thus conveniently works with staple TRA700 or T50 series. On top of this, it features a contact safety switch to prevent unintentional firing.
Using this tool is no rocket science – all you have to do is add the staple strip into the bracket and get the job done in no time. Sounds simple, right?
Key Factors To Consider Before Buying Electric Nail Gun
Buying nail fastening devices is not kid’s stuff, as you must consider many factors to spot the right option.
Here, we’ve rounded up the essential elements so that you can easily gain a little insight into such products. Watch out for these factors and get the product that caters to your needs well.
1. Nail Gauge
The first thing to remember while purchasing the nailer is the supported nail gauge. From 11Ga to 18Ga, multiple gauge-based variants are available in the market to choose from.
This factor mainly determines the diameter of the nails supported by the nailer. If you are looking for a device that serves both DIY and heavy-duty projects, go for an 18Ga nail fastener.
2. Pneumatic or Battery-Powered
Power type is the second most important thing to consider when buying the best electric gun. Nailers are either powered by the pneumatic system or through the battery.
However, one thing to be kept in mind is that Pneumatic-powered nail fasteners cannot be used freely owing to the limited length of hoses and pipes.
In contrast, battery-powered nail guns are easily transportable. You are advised to go for the latter option to ensure flexibility.
3. Weight of the nail gun
Never go for a heavily weighted option as it will create a lot of hassle while using. Whether you are looking for a nail gun for a DIY project or a professional purpose, it is suggested to buy a product that is light in weight so that you can efficiently work for long hours without sacrificing comfort.
4. Never miss out on the depth adjustment feature.
Yet another important thing to consider while adding the best nail gun to your collection is the depth adjustment feature. It is mainly used to adjust the depth of the nailer to use the same on different surfaces that vary in thickness.
Wish to make a worthy investment? Look no further and get the CRAFTSMAN V20 Cordless Brad Nailer Kit right away and drive a nail quickly without any trouble.
This 18Ga battery-powered nailer is the best fit for all, whether a DIYer or a professional worker. It has an adjustable nail depth feature that allows you to make tool adjustments in an instant.
The sturdy construction and ergonomic design of this tool mean it will last for many years to come, while the rubber grip of the hand keeps your hand comfortable even during long work sessions.
So keeps you waiting for now? Buy this tool immediately and get ready to tackle most of your projects flawlessly.
A nailer is the best alternative to the traditional hammer and nail combination. Long gone are those days when people used to hold the nail and hammer it for ages as now you can do this by using the nail fastener.
So, here is the final list of the best electric nail guns to buy in 2023. Select any of the options and get your job done with ease.
As far as our opinion is concerned, CRAFTSMAN V20 Cordless Brad Nailer might be worth investing in.
This superior-quality power tool is exceptionally light in weight and boasts a nail adjustment feature for smooth functioning.
Get it now and enjoy the reliable and outstanding performance.
Last update on 2023-03-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API