Have you ever craved a sweet treat but didn’t want to spend hours in the kitchen? We’ve got you covered! Pie Crust Cookies is elementary and lightning fast, taking just a few minutes to prepare and a short stint in the oven.
These pie crust cookies are a delicious take on a classic favorite, evocative of the comforting flavors of a cinnamon roll.
The choices are unlimited, whether you want them drizzled with melted chocolate, covered with vanilla frosting, or sprinkled with powdered sugar.
So, savor every bite of these quick, simple, and delightful pie crust cookies with Okayreview!!
Table of Contents
What Are Pie Crust Cookies?
Don’t throw away those leftover pie crust crumbs! Instead, transform them into delectable Pie Crust Cookies that will melt in your mouth.
These buttery, flaky biscuits are lavishly dusted with a flavorful cinnamon-sugar mixture and the best companion with a chocolate smoothie.
Consider drizzling them with a warm glaze for an added touch of sweetness that elevates these cookies to a new level of deliciousness. These delicious cookies will satisfy your sweet needs.
They’re an excellent choice for providing warmth to a chilly weekend and enjoying the delight of freshly baked cookies with your loved ones.
They embrace a rustic charm, precisely like Mom used to when she sliced the pie crust into strips or left it in a lovely circle.
So, savor the cookie-filled world and the absolute joy of Pie Crust Cookies.
What Makes Pie Crust Cookies So Irresistible?
1. Portable Delights:
These cookies are the ideal on-the-go snack. Put them in an airtight container like snackle box or ziplock bag, and you’re ready for any adventure.
These cookies are suitable for a picnic in the park, a lively party, a surprise addition to your lunchbox, or a sweet snack at work.
2. Guilt-free Bite-size Bliss:
Sometimes, minor things provide the most enormous delight. These cookies are designed to be small, so you may enjoy them without feeling guilty about eating a large dessert.
Enjoy one, two, or a few—your delicious secret is safe.
3. Kid-Friendly Fun:
Allow your children’s creativity to emerge by engaging them in the kitchen.
Kids will enjoy preparing these cookies, whether sprinkling the enticing cinnamon sugar mixture or helping with the rolling. It’s more than simply a treat; it’s also a fun activity!
4. Effortless and Speedy:
Do you have a sweet tooth but are short on time? You’ve come to the right place! This dish is simple and fast.
No chill time is required; it takes less than 10 minutes to make and 15 minutes to bake from start to finish. Instant gratification!
5. Cinnamon Roll Bliss
These cookies aren’t just regular; they have a warm, gooey cinnamon roll flavor.
They have a soft yet slightly crispy texture and the familiar cinnamon roll flavor you love. Every bite feels like a warm embrace for your taste receptors.
How to Make Pie Crust Cookies?
- Pie Dough: This recipe will work well with leftover pie crust scraps or a fresh batch of dough. I recommend selecting a dough rich in flavor and buttery richness to guarantee your cookies pop with the finest taste; always use the best dough maker. You have several alternatives to pick from:
- Make use of any leftover pie dough you may have.
- Make a new batch of pie crust just for these scrumptious tarts.
- Use a store-bought pie crust for convenience.
- Egg: Any size egg will be enough for the egg wash, which helps the cinnamon sugar stick and gives the cookies an excellent golden brown color.
- Water: Water helps to thin the egg wash and make it brushable.
Sugar and Cinnamon: We’ll sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the top to enhance flavor and sweetness. You may buy store-bought, but making your own is simple. I prefer a sugar-to-cinnamon ratio of 4:1. Granulated sugar or coarse sugar might be used.
Step-by-Step Method of Preparation
Step 1. Preheat the oven to 350-400°F. Use parchment paper or a silicone baking mat to line a baking pan.
Step 2. In a small mixing dish, combine the sugar and cinnamon.
Step 3. Mix up your egg wash and combine the cinnamon and sugar. Then, roll out your pie dough until it’s ¼″ thick.
Step 4. Cut shapes out of the dough using different shapes cookie cutters or tightly roll the dough into a log like you would for cinnamon rolls.
Step 5. Place the cookies onto the sheet pan. Brush with butter, then top with the sugar-cinnamon mixture. Repeat with any leftover leftovers.
Step 6. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are brown.
Ways to Serve Pie Crust Cookies
- Melted Chocolate Drizzle: Drizzle generously with melted white, milk, or dark chocolate to elevate the cookie experience. A delectable chocolaty twist that’s difficult to resist!
- Vanilla Icing Delight: Top these cookies with lovely vanilla icing or frosting for a traditional touch. You may also use the icing from a can of cinnamon rolls—a delicious treat!
- Perfect Dippers: These cookies are not only tasty, but they also make excellent dippers! Combine them with your favorite dessert dip for a visually appealing, bite-sized treat.
- Mini Ice Cream Sandwiches: Make sandwiches to amp up your dessert game. Sandwich a tiny scoop of vanilla ice cream between two cookies for a delectable treat.
- Sugar Sparkle: Brush the tops of your cookies with an egg wash (use a pastry brush) and generously sprinkle with coarse sugar before baking. It provides a lovely crunch and a glimmer.
- Powdered Elegance: Dust the tops of your newly made cookies with a fine dusting of powdered sugar for a simple yet stunning finish. It’s a classic pick that will always stay in style.
These Pie Crust Cookies are your delightful saviors in a world when time is valuable and sweet cravings strike suddenly. You’ll wonder why you haven’t baked these sooner with their ease and quickness.
So, why wait? Whip up a batch of these delightful cookies, and let your taste buds embark on a lovely journey of flavor and fun!